Alfredo Gonzalez and Philadelphia Phillies have agreed on six-year deal worth more than $50M

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Cuban RHP Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez and Philadelphia Phillies have agreed on six-year deal worth more than $50M, club source tells Y! Sports.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">July 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No way I would have given this guy this type of money. I was thinking more of like a 4/20 deal with incentives to make it higher. If this guy is a bust, they are out some serious dollars.

Didn't some scout from BP say his ceiling is a 3, possible middle reliever? That's a lot of scratch.

Didn't some scout from BP say his ceiling is a 3, possible middle reliever? That's a lot of scratch.

It was a national league scout who provided a quote to BP:

Cuban RHP prospect Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez (from a National League scout): ?Very athletic pitcher who possesses six pitches. Fastball can run up to 96-97 mph but sits mainly 94-95. Also has a good curve, real good cutter, slider, change, and forkball. Solid makeup, very good kid and comes from a great family. Has stamina for 50-60 pitches now, but could slot in as a no. 2-3 starter in the big leagues by late August with some seasoning.?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=21320

It was a national league scout who provided a quote to BP:

Cuban RHP prospect Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez (from a National League scout): ?Very athletic pitcher who possesses six pitches. Fastball can run up to 96-97 mph but sits mainly 94-95. Also has a good curve, real good cutter, slider, change, and forkball. Solid makeup, very good kid and comes from a great family. Has stamina for 50-60 pitches now, but could slot in as a no. 2-3 starter in the big leagues by late August with some seasoning.?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=21320

Thanks, Nick. I'd hoped you would be lurking to clear this up. Sounds like a good deal even if he's a 3.

Archived